Computer Based Technician (CBT)
The CBT will report directly to the Operations Manager. CBT will be required to travel from site to site as needed to perform the ‘high end ‘ work such as programming, training and direction to local resources.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF:
Convicted of a felony within 10 years (Including pleading no contest).
Computer based technician (CBT) responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Job Duties Include but not limited to:
Performing maintenance service calls at customer sites on security, card access, CCTV and
various other low voltage systems.
• Commissioning new systems on projects including setup, programming, repairing and
• Coordinating with project foreman and management to provide engineered solutions.
• Assemble control equipment and components as required for complete installation.
• Creating reports and emails in a professional manner
• Routinely read blueprints and project specifications with a clear understanding of system
• Routinely utilize a wide variety of test equipment.
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Expert knowledge of industry standard systems including local and wide area networks,
voice, video, access control, physical security, CCTV, fire alarm, and wireless systems
• Technical College Diploma in the appropriate field or at least 5 years of related
• 3 years related experience including troubleshooting and delivery of small jobs.
• Valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record
• Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office Suite.
• Knowledge of Honeywell or third party software and programming tools.
• Demonstrated ability to use tools and test equipment.
• Ability to acquire and demonstrate skills and product knowledge to meet the
requirements of the role.
• Knowledge of Security systems, access control, CCTV, Digital Video and controlling
• Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and get things done.
• Proven troubleshooting and problem resolution skills.
• Strong documentation skills.
• Strong communication skills to deal with co-workers, customers and contractors.
• Ability to work as a member of a team.
• Makes independent decisions
• Act as a mentor to junior technicians.
• Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position, such as lifting over 25Lbs,
climbing ladders, etc.
• Ability to travel throughout the service area
All candidates must be willing to submit to any job related background check, medical exam,
and drug screen that may be required during the hiring process.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those under consideration will be